from a roof top

last friday
 i visited
 a blog friend
another 
new old friend
 she took me 
to
 her little roof top
 where
 i could see many water towers

 i tried to capture
 a line of them
 she said
 were 
like
 a chorus line
 i am paraphrasing
 as
 i can't remember
 now
 what
 she actually said 

alas
 i could
 not 
get back
 far enough 
to get them
 all
 into frame 
without
 falling
 off 
the roof

 i took this one
 through
 the railings
 that kept me 
from 
taking
 a tumble
down
into 
the street 



thanks again for inviting me up!

8 comments:

  1. One would hardly believe that such water towers would still be useful today, but I think they still may be.

    Here's my Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shot D! I am very happy that you did not fall off the roof!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up close and personal! Glad you are still with us LOL

    Love them as you well know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot! I had that while taking pics of a stained glass window... any further back and I'd have been in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the perils of photography. Your story reminds me of the movie Auntie Mame where her fiance falls of a mountain while photographing her. Actually, there's practically a whole genra dedicated to people falling off things while taking photos. Who ever said this was a safe hobby? Sorry to be so busy over here. I want you to know I read your post every morning. Big hugs. Sept will slow down for me. (I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love NY water towers!
    When I step out of Grand Central Station, first thing I do is looking up and spot the first one, then I notice the noise coming from the somewhat (for NY) low rooftops there. I then know I am back and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always great to see blog friends in person. They look so "three dimensional" when you see them.

    ReplyDelete