this and that

after a week
 of 
frigid temps
 we had
 a rainy humid day 
followed
 by a day of moderation temp-wise 
however
 the wind was insane
 hell
 the weathers been insane

 i walked out sunday morning
headed for 
beautification™ 
across
 the street i saw
 this


the reddish brick building
on the right
 has been undergoing
 an extensive
 interior renovation
 its been about a year
 maybe more
 since it began

 the other day
 i noticed
 that the roof was covered in a blue tarp
 i am guessing
 there's work going on

 well the wind didn't care 
it was so strong
 it pulled that tarp off
 left it flapping
waving
 like a flag
 looked sort of like a discarded condom 

i hope for their sake
 it didn't let the rain in
to the damage the work thats been done
 toonman 
has no sympathy for them 
they have too much money 
...

between
 my mani/pedi
 at polished
 and
 my hair appointment
 at blondi's

 i trekked down to gracious home 
to find something
 to nuke
 food in 

dont ask 
really
 dont 



this claims
 to go from freezer to microwave 
you just pop that little button up 
before nuking to allow the stream to escape 

we'll see




13 comments:

  1. A discarded condom you say Daryl.. I like the way you think...BIG :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condom Ha! I once stood in fierce winds to take a movie of some black plastic stuck against a building which looked like an enormous crow's wing. Then I took movies of crows. That was to foster my enchantment with those birds...don't ask either. I almost started this comment with the word "ACK" but then realised the microwaveable container looks like glass. But the lid is still plastic and probably not BPA free and so scares me that you'll be using it for food/microwave interaction. (but then, I'm a notorious worrier and compulsive saver of everyone I love) :) So just ignore me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had harsh swirling cold winds this weekend too, but I did not see any giant condoms flapping around. Maybe some plastic grocery bags along the road...I suppose that could work for some species.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know the old joke how you can tell if elephants have been making love in your back yard? --All your trash can liners are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it's just a new art installation and you weren't aware of it going up. Who's that guy who wraps things?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gadgets too.

    Last week it was dry air -"cool" -feeling temps (low dew point) This week it's muggy. Sheesh!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green Giant's condom seen in Big Apple. And you were the first to report it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was cold here yesterday, but today? Spring-like. The weather really has been crazy.

    I ave a set of these little containers, or something very similar. They work good! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a lot of wind also.

    I hope the building wasn't damaged too badly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore FRIGOVERRE glass containers. I don't yet own the new ones with that magic button, but my old ones, with the blue cover, are simply the best containers ever. None of them chipped, the covers still like new, after years of use and abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore FRIGOVERRE glass containers. I don't yet own the new ones with that magic button, but my old ones, with the blue cover, are simply the best containers ever. None of them chipped, the covers still like new, after years of use and abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crazy weather indeed....yesterday we drove to NJ in positively balmy weather!

    I can't say I ever saw a condom like that lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. BFR would be wondering about the idiots who didn't know how to tie down a tarp properly.... but that's just him.

    ReplyDelete