where are we, australia?

seriously
 its winter 
whats with the summer temps





 even i succumbed
 only wore a leather jacket with a silk scarf
 no wool
no gloves

 went wild
 with my nails 
this week
  this new stuff from incoco
 its a professional 
'thing' 
you can't buy
 it 
you have to go have it done

 its dry nail polish
 that gets pressed on
  lasts up to 2 weeks
 then it removes with a swipe of polish remover
 if you want it 
head over to polished beauty bar 
tell susan daryl sent you 


got my hair done
 i hope it lasts til wednesday
 when we have dinner with friends
 tho the terrific new stylist i use
 told me to come by wednesday
 before we go to dinner
 and 
he'll freshen it up
 no charge 

he's really good

 an israeli 
whose name is tuti 

go to blondi's on amsterdam
 tell him i sent you 
and
 he'll give you 20% 
off honest

friends are coming to town after christmas
 i am looking forward to that
 i am taking this week off 
tho i am going in for a short time 
tomorrow 
(as i am writing this sunday)
today 
(monday)

 all the gift shopping is done 
at last

what else?

  i got nuttin' 

whats up with you?

11 comments:

  1. I like the Santa hat and shorts pic. I felt like I was Christmas shopping in Southern California today.

    I'm sure it will get cold soon enough again though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you in the unseasonable weather. Amazing nails!


    ALOHA to YOU
    from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, what's with the shorts!?! Some people...really have their own thermostat, don't they? Brilliant photos Daryl. And Loving the NY party season nails. :) Good that you're having a bit of a holiday too. We've had chock-a-block days with two social visits yesterday; one to R's sisters and one out to friends, and were out of the house from 11ish to 11ish. You should have seen Theo's little face when we got in. He looked at us with a, "what-the-bloody-hell-time-do-you-call-this-then?" expression. Today is the funereal of one of R's boyhood friend's mother and I suppose the last of the Christmas shopping. Not enough time in the day these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those nails and so glad you found a new stylist. I was going to take the week off, but I feel the need to work ahead and keep on top of stuff this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first photo. I sometimes wonder what people would think if they knew we took photos of them and splashed them all over our blogs.
    Enjoy your week off and time with your friends. I'm sure you'll be eating a little, drinking a little, and being very merry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've got storms here and it's C.O.L.D.!

    Love your nails Daryl!

    Wishing you and Ray a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy & Happy New Year. Can't wait for next September! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your nails. I might hold off on getting mine done. I don't think the fricking frackers that I work with would like it as much as I would.

    I've done some research on the P setting. For my camera at least. I don't know how transferrable the information is between cameras. But I wrote a post on it today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shorts weather...for some...up here this weekend too! The high of 64 broke RI records. I would rather have snow:(

    Love those nails! and enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete

  9. definitely not Australia..but I love that first shot anyway. Heard it was warm there, a fellow from Delaware calls up a radio station here (they have a quiz at midnight)...and he told us how warm it was!

    we are up to 30 degrees Celsius
    that's probably in the 80's or 90's?

    Not so bad where I have shifted to...a nice cool sea breeze. Lucky me.

    hope you have a great holiday break Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That guy in the Santa hat and shorts is too funny! Not really that warm here, but the 40 degree temps feel rather balmy after being below zero and in the teens for the last few weeks!

    Enjoy your week! I was off last week and today and actually have to go in to work tomorrow for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great street shot. Only in New York...
    Love the nails, too.

    ReplyDelete