what a day

i hope santa
brought you
 all the things you wished for 
maybe a few surprises too

 me
 i got what i wanted wished for



 a new iPad mini
 with
 enough memory
 to watch downton abbey season 4
 and 
still be able to
 trounce and be trounced at both scrabble and words with friends
 read an ibook 
 keep photos to show off 

i am happy



 toonman
 got
 a new sound eliminating set of bose headphones
 from jack and harry
 an added bonus
 is
 this pad thingie it was packed with 
works as a mouse pad!



 i got him a charm a replacement for something he lost many years ago
 i was hoping for a bigger reaction
 but
 you know it is what it is
 mostly for him
 christmas gifting borders on bah humbug
 i just need to remember that

fedex
 pissed me off 
big time
 i ordered and paid for expedited delivery
 of a gift
 it was due to be delivered by 8 pm on the 24th
 it never showed

 after waiting on terminal hold for over 10 min at 9:15
 i spoke to someone 
at fedex
who barely spoke unstandable english
 i do not care if this is not a pc statement 
so there 
he checked the routing # 
told me
 it had not been delivered
 really
 ya think
 he said he could give me the # of the office
 it is at
 but they're closed
 ya think
 he also told me 
i could ask the sender for a refund 
i said
 i would like to have it delivered
 he said
 they'd deliver it on thursday
 ya think
 thankfully
 i am resourceful 
i stole an image of the gift
 off the web 
printed it out and gave it to the recipient as an you

there was a lot of wonderful food and drink
at our friends house









a lot of fun was had
our joseph spent 4 hours
assembling a lego barbie luxury yacht
for our friends' granddaughter




i hope you had a lovely Christmas


10 comments:

  1. Holy smokes what a day! It seems to me that fedex and ups have let a lot of people down this year. There are so many stories from friends on FB. R and I have had so much grief with ups that we've dubbed them useless parcel service. :( Lovely that you got to see your Joseph, and brave boy for putting together the leggo boat. I love leggo! My bloggy friend Julie (moments of perfect clarity) is about to do something wonderful with/for the Leggo corp. No idea what yet. Hey, I just remembered, I started Kerstie a charm bracelet when she was about 3yrs old, (in silver cause I couldn't afford gold) and the first charm was the Vancouver Expo '86 charm. Needless to say that was the only charm she ever lost off the bracelet. Last year, at 30, she finally tracked down and got the same, by now vintage, charm. She was beyond happy. Anyway, I do waffle on. Much love to you, Toon Man and Joseph, may all your magical Christmas dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have any big "I wants" this year. The main thing was a new plastic analog camera. This one is a pinhole camera that needs long exposure times. Looking forward to having some effects.

    We had a nice pleasant, extended time with my MIL, and a great meal. She brought her two mutts which delighted our three mutts and they all ended up exhausted and happy.

    A great day all in all. I am a bit jealous of your ipad though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've heard all the stories about delayed deliveries, but I guess we were blessed; none happened for us.

    Glad you got what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great day.... so sorry about that Fed-Ex missed delivery. Guess they were having problems everywhere this year. They rented Penske trucks a few weeks ago and were all over our neighborhood with on time deliveries. Customer service over the phone? Not P.C.? it never is and their people NEVER speak understandable English... sad, just sad. I always have to ask them 3 times to repeat themselves and then I STILL can't understand them.. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That food looks fabulous! I had given gifts to my sons that I thought would get bigger reactions, especially since they were a memory book of their father with my photographs. But, no. I decided not to let it break my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Except for FedEx, it sounds like you had a great day. Got Ken a mini too.
    Wanna see frustration??? Trying to get 2 iPads working (he has a regular one too) from one account. It was not a pretty picture. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes people just don't get it?!?!
    Love your Christmas card photo!
    Rain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbie's boat put mine to shame!

    Yeah, why do our guys look on a gift, like a tiger looks at a suspect new thing in it's view?


    Ya think!?

    ALOHA to YOU
    from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grrr....I felt your frustration with fedex. But I love your creativity and I'm glad you got what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got what I wanted because I bought it myself lol!

    I took very few photos this holiday...just wanted to be with the non photo taking crowd I guess...have been enjoying yours though!

    ReplyDelete