nuttin'


i slept til after 9
 i did
 a lot
 of
nothing

 one short trip
 out
 to get coffee beans

 we did have
 a 
visitor
company

an old friend

 we actually
 worked out
 how long
 he and toonman
 have been friends

 since
 the early 
70s

 both of them
 are now
 in
 their 
70s

 so 
its a long time

 he's now a well known actor 
catching up
 with him
 is fun

 after he left 
i did
 more nothing

 then i realized
 i needed 
to write
 a post 
i needed a photo 

i got involved
 in
labeling
 organizing
 cause
 i want to do a collage
 of 
how 
times square's renovation
 has evolved

 that 
got me 
looking
 at some
 of
 the 
under the canopy
shots 

apparently
 i had not labeled
them all
 i am sure
 you couldn't live
 without knowing
 i have actually
 taken
 230 photos 
in that series

 over on 
instagram
 #218
 was selected
 as
 a photo of the day 
by a group called
 eye_catching_photos 


toonman
 ever
 the supportive husband 
couldn't
 understand
 why
 i hadn't posted it

 so there it is
unsigned
straight out of the iPhone

9 comments:

  1. That's a good one! good for you to get selected. I never get selected for anything :( Mind you, I don't really try either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one is a great shot. Good for you! I've been resting too but it's because I have some low grade virus that's knocking me down a little. Nothing major, but quite annoying. zzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this, Daryl.
    It's a really great shot. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daryl, glad your keeping your Friday promise of a do nothing weekend! We're doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eye catching for sure! I really like this shot!

    Kitten had me awake at 5:30 this morning! I tried everything to get her to settle down and go back to sleep...no luck! Finally got up and hubby decided we should head to town and get the
    Thanksgiving shopping done. It's quite a trek to town, so off we went. Back home by eleven, put everything away and then headed back to town with my daughter to go see a movie. Busy day, fun day, but I'm pooped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! I must have missed your feature on Instagram (I've been a bad social media person this week). Congrats. As you know I love the series. How fun to catch up with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must admit that you freaked me out just a little bit when you said, "we worked out". I was afraid you had joined a gym and now my image of you would be completely askew. But I was worried for naught. Thank heavens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was one of my IG under the canopy favorites! it is a great series:)

    I did have to laugh at what Kate said above lol!

    ReplyDelete