water tower


took
 that iPhone photo
 through
 the dirty windshield
 of the rental car
 on
 i90 aka kennedy expressway
 (expressway being a joke surely since every time i drove it i sat in traffic for frictin' ever)
 just before
 the exit for my friend's place in chicago

 it was
 the
 only
 water tower
 i saw
 while in chicago
(even tho they have a place called water tower place just saying)

 i did get another one 
when
 we were in galena
 i will share
it
 another time

 i have
 the world's 
worst cold

 i was
 so sick

how sick was i?

so sick
 i took
 tuesday off 
slept til 10 
after
 being awake 
most of the night
 coughing
sneezing
 blowing
 my 
very 
sore nose

 i wonder
 if the flu shot
 i got last week
 made this cold worse
 i wasn't 
sick
 or
experiencing
 any cold symptoms 
when
 i got the shot
 but 
it was
just
 a few days
 after
my return from chicago
 and 
we all know 
how 
germs
love 
airplanes 

14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're sick!! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, airplanes and germs, indeed! once got a nasty sinus infection, my seat was just under one of those vents that blast cold air...

    i'm sure you've tried chicken soup and all the tradiotional remedies, i find that inhaling steam from a thermos flask easies my stuffiness. and now i'm wondering if i should skip the flu shot this year...

    hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you felt bad enough to stay home. Ugh. I guess with the lake, there's no need for water towers??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better. I hate airplanes. I feel the same way about chocolate fountains. Germ breeding grounds if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Hate having colds and roughed up noses. I've never had a flu shot, but then I also can;t remember coming down with a bad flu either. (knocking wood right this minute) Do you take vitamin C? I take 2000mg every day and have so far been healthy thru the flu season. (Knocking wood again) Hope it doesn't last. PS. Don't talk to me about being stuck in a sardine can for 9 hours with with 130 people all incubating something toxic. I hate flying! Hugs, vitamin C and plenty of tea for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat shot! I've always been fascinated by water towers and their placement. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well m'deario, hope you're feeling better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daryl, that tower makes quite a statement!
    I think airplanes carry cold around the world! Hope your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you're feeling better today. Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you are feeling so bad! I hope the rest today will help you feel better tomorrow.

    It's funny how you see (or don't see) water towers everywhere. You won't see many here...we have too many hills. There are a few areas where they are necessary, but not many.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracious, I hope you're feeling better now. Love the water tower and its subtle inscription.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoping this finds you on the mend! Colds can be SO miserable!
    Hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  13. owie!

    Pamper yourself (how long have I been sleeping?)

    ReplyDelete