weekend blather

so how was your weekend?
 happy belated father's day to all the dads out there
 toonman told me he wasnt my father, really?
 huh
  he did speak to both his daughters and our 'son' joseph 
the cats on the other hand
 were not very celebratory
 harry stole a hunk of cheddar cheese off the kitchen counter
 got cornered 
(dummy ran to the bedroom window sill to hide)
 got swatted
 for his misbehavior 

not to worry
 the swat wasn't very hard
 he was not at all repentant
 that nervy boy curled up on toonman's desk chair
 less than 5 minutes
 after 
being chased around the apartment 

there was the usual amount of beautification™
this week the nails/toes are hot pink

not many photos were taken
i was extremely lazy
i did some reading 
finished an excellent
fantasy/time travel novel
the first
 of a series called
 Bright Empire by Stephen Lawhead
The Skin Map
dont let the title put you off
it was quite a good read

then
 i read Carole King's autobiography
Natural Woman
she's led a very interesting life
however
i think
 she could have used
 a better
stronger
 editor
 as the second half of the book felt
padded

when i get into reading mode i really devour a book

oh yeah
i have this love of bad movies
i grew up watching 'B' movies
unlike a lot of people i loved
ishtar
the english patient
escape from new york
towering inferno
most recently
 i hoped
 to love
the movie version
 of
 dark shadows
in my opinon
 not even
johnny depp
could save it

i also love animation
we watched
two fun/good movies this weekend via netflix
a monster of paris
totally charming
 fabulously animated
 with great voices
then
 we watched
hansel and gretel witch hunters
it was terrifically bad
so bad
 it was good
 and
 it had
 jeremy renner

hey if you're still here you deserve this as compensation for sitting through all that blather
parc des buttes chaumont



i need to add
 a
 'ps'
to this post
i needed to learn the name of the paris park
 i took that shot in
so i went to my blog list
 .. that one over there on the right ...
and
clicked on genie's blog
 got an error message
 that i needed an RSS reader
 WTF??????
 i refreshed
 refreshed
 again
 still
the error message appeared
 so
 i went and got an RSS app
 no idea
 what it does or how it works
 but
i clicked
 nothing happened
 i am now repeating
 i dont understand
i dont understand
 its is my WTF mantra
 sigh
 well
 i still dont know
 WTF
 but it seemed to go back to 'normal'
i was able to click/read blogs
 on my list

 has anyone else had this WTF moment with blogger?
gah i wish i could kick blogger to the curb

16 comments:

  1. a nice relaxing weekend is just what you needed!
    I'm always having problems with blogger...just a part of the whole process
    Beautiful 'paper' poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl, my opinion of Blogger is strongly leaning toward WTF lately! I'm about this far from dumping the whole Google, Google +, Blogger issue and going exclusively with Wordpress or something else. I dunno!
    I had a quiet FD. Didn't see any of my Scion; GrandScion! But that's okay, cause I've been feeling poorly and not very good company!
    Glad you had the usual great weekend and you're prepped and painted for the week! Hope it's a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No panic! Yeah, my blogs feed was fablunged too for a hot while.
    Hot pink me too!
    Luv old films. Pass the snacks, Sis!

    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. My WTF is why you keep showing up as dangerous
    on the work PC but not at home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google+ is what the problem is in my humble opinion. The majority of my commenters now show up as 'no reply' and I doubt they are receiving responses to the comments they leave on my blog. Really Google+?? DId you have to do this to us?

    B ficks... ack... you and my husband. I just leave the room when he watches most movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers -- what a fabulous shot. I read another series by Stephen Lawhead with my niece several years ago, but I don't remember the title. I'll add this to my list. I had the same problem with Dark Shadows -- it just didn't work for me. I'm adding both movies to my queue; they sound like a fun way to spend an evening or two. I loved movies that are so bad they're good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those flowers are just beautiful, great shot Daryl. We spent the weekend in London and saw the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekend sounds rather wonderful to me Daryl. I would have loved to be lost in a book. Lately I really haven't found a looseable one. B movies are great for me. I'm such a wimp sometimes that I need to read the plot before I see the movie. (By the way, Dark Shadows is so bad it's great). This weekend I had so much upset it wasn't even funny, with five workmen showing up unannounced Saturday 8:15am to take up the hardwood floor. They made such a mess you wouldn't even believe it including compromising the 100yr old door hinges. Ugh, this Monday will probably be confrontation day with the project manager, (who apparently doesn't work of weekends even though he sends his crew out), the floor subcontractor and my insurance agent. And probably shopping day to replace my ruined MAC make-up brushes. Oh, maybe a stop at the library to find every book I can on the care and treatment of historic Craftsman cottages when the floor needs to be replaced! And then a trip to the liqueur store for a good bottle of wine for later...lol. Hope you have a fantastic week and I'll see you tomorrow.
    PS. Lovely poppies, wallflowers and tulips. I've been photographing a lot of poppies lately too. Don't you miss Paris? I'm really looking forward to being in E and having these renos over with.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Diane is right, google + (which thankfully I never clicked) seems to be causing a bit of grief to some! I never change anything, heck I'm lucky to get this far...blimey I hope I haven't just put a jinx on it :) btw I knew before you even said, that those fleurs would be French, they just have that certain 'je ne sais quoi' oui!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have seen others with the same RSS issue, Daryl.
    No one seems to know what's going on.

    I saw Dark Shadows, The Movie, with my daughter when it initially came out. I fell asleep once and then was counting the minutes until it was over. Do LOVE the original series though, and have lots of fun watching the original episodes. :-) xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talking books...you should write one if you haven't already. Super post, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pic and hey, The English Patient is not a B movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous poppies- Thank you. They made me smile.

    I'm not a Google+ fan in the least. Half the time I click to reply to a comment, land on the Google+ profile and can't find a link to the blog. Sheesh.

    As for your reader. I heard Google Reader is going away soon and was told to sign up for Bloglovin.com so I didn't lose everything. Not sure what's up with that but I did it as a back-up.

    I love watching movies-- new, old, good, bad.

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to read through newsy posts like this:)

    The English Patient is one of my very favorite movies.. I don't think it is a B movie! I haven't watched any of those others:(

    So Harry likes cheese!

    ReplyDelete