on the street


i took this
 on friday 
as i was walking 
to irving farms
 this entire weekend 
the skies
 have been threatening
 but
 as of this writing
 thats all they've done

 i bussed across town to the eastside on saturday 
 had my monthly massage
i stopped into several of the madison avenue boutiques
 that are not represented
 here on the westside 
there was nothing
 i needed
 nothing that screamed out
 buy me 

a rarity
 believe me

 do you use instragram?
 have you tried the new video feature? 

i downloaded vine
 when it was introduced
 first 
i couldnt figure it out 
i know
 duh

 but 
there were no instructions
 and
 seriously
 as adroit as i am 
with
 technical stuff
 this
 stumped me

 when i finally figured it out 
it crashed
 my iphone
 each time i tried
 to
 upload
a video
 so now its history 
deleted
 gone
 done

i was skeptical 
about instragram's video
 but 
it 
works
 like a charm
 uploads without crashing
 saves a copy
 in my photo 'app'
 one shortcoming
 and
 its not instragram's fault 
videos 
do not hop
 via the cloud/photo stream 
to
 imac iphoto

 i am hoping that when os7 lands in the fall
apple will have addressed this

 okay
 i am off to give Toonman a hair cut 

dont ask 

9 comments:

  1. Daryl, great city scape!
    I haven't had much success with Vids! As a result I've avoided them.
    I've done a few Instragram photos and my daughter is into them. Which is great cause she posts lots on the kids. Keeps me right up to date!
    My better half cuts my hair too!
    Glad you weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your videos, but haven't tried my own yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the architecture in the foreground of that pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors here, especially the bright yellows. I take videos and upload to YouTube. I haven't tried any other sites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No smart phone here so no VIne and no Instagram.... just YouTube which takes care of my video posting needs. I know, archaic I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only part I understood of above was that it didn't rain over the weekend :) as soon as the technical stuff started whizzzzzz over my head haha! You got a great shot of the impotent clouds :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this photo...great colors, love the sky, everything works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. time for me to give hubby a haircut - I understand

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I try to make a video Instagram tells me I don't have enough memory...even though I can still make videos with my regular camera...so I am perplexed. I never had any trouble with Vine other than to discover that I am not very good at making videos but I erased it to make room on the iphone:) still can't do it! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete