the food post

its my birthday month
i may not be able
 to
 process
 how many 
years
 are involved

 i can
 and
 do
 embrace
 being
 celebrated
 feted
gifted
 for a whole month

 sounds pretty selfish
 you say
 a tad self indulgent

 well
 february is a short month


  sunday
 after my mani/pedi at polished


 essie little brown dress topped with some coppery glitter

 my sister silesq
 and
 my sis judy
took me to lunch
 at 
fusha
 a wonderful asian restaurant
 amsterdam and 75th street 
offers 
sushi
 sashimi
 thai 
and
 variations
 of 
each cuisine 

we indulged
 ordering
 a lot of appetizers

i didnt
 get a shot 
of 
 grilled eggplant spears with a spicy hot dipping sauce
 or 
the leafy vietnamese spring rolls 
or
 the crispy little fried vegetable rolls

  because

 i was so busy eating
 i forgot 

midway
 through
 the perfectly quick fried calamari 
i remembered


though looking like onion rings 
these calmari were perfect
i dont use sauce with my calamari
you cant improve on perfection
so i cant tell you what it was


 papaya salad 
we had two orders of this
 it was so fresh crisp
delish


tuna tartar 
nori wasabi chips
and guacamole 


 spicy tuna taco 
topped with avocado 
tasted amazing
 looked more like pizza wedges


 lemon sorbet 
served
 in the lemon
 surrounded
 by whipped creme
 sooo perfect after all that fish and spice



judy had tea 
it smelled so good
 i love the little tea pot
 its just like one 
in 
my small
 but
 growing
collection


this post
 is dedicated 
to someone who should have been at lunch with us
who would have loved this post
for 
wendy 
much missed

33 comments:

  1. You are making me hungry with all of your 'perfect bite' photos! Ending it all with that luscious lemon sorbet - yum!

    Happy Birthday Month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday MONTH D!! I think it is wonderful that you spend an entire month celebrating!! My husband and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to celebrating birthdays...I am in your court preferring to celebrate for as LONG as possible!! He doesn't like to celebrate at all. No FUN! Loved all of the food pics...but you know that I am into food p**rn. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday Month, Princess!
    We'll tawk about our advanced age(s?) later, but now...we DANCE!

    I need a smoke after this delightfully hedonistic post. . . . calamar. . . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


    Sending YOU artisan Aloha
    from Honolulu,
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° >





    ReplyDelete
  4. Great food shots...
    Have about 12 tea pots in my collection
    mostly pottery ones that I picked up at
    craft shows.

    Happy Birth-Month indeed..
    I can barely tolerate it for 24 hours .

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely lunch! Enjoy your birthday (month). x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Month!!! Looks like a great celebration lunch, plenty more of the month ahead. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...I'm sure Wendy's spirit was swirling all around you. (Happy birthday month! xo)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, what is the actual date of your birth?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, everything looks lovely - especially that lemon sorbet.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you should bel feted for a whole month! Sounds like a lovely day with good company.
    Hugs,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree - Wendy was there. Your nails? To.die.for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well Happy Birthday Month and yes! a feted month sounds very reasonable to me!! carry on!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That food looks wonderful!
    A very Happy Birthday Month to you!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks pretty wonderful, Daryl! Hope the rest of your birthday month is just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Daryl, what a great spread! You made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are amazing! All of this is lovely and full of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like you had a lovely birthday lunch- Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aimee had a birthday weekend, something on every day..yesterday her actual birthday we had all the babies and toddlers in the family around for jelly and ice cream cake and swims, Aimee was in 'kiddy heaven'...I was exhausted haha! Happy birthday month Daryl, when is the actual day??

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you dedicated it to Wendy. And your meal looks fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You certainly had a wonderful birthday lunch and the calamari has my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome, you know how to Birthday. Happy Birthday to you. I can't believe the food!!!

    A coffee shop across the street from the office has teapots similar to the one you pictured. I've been lusting after it for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday month Daryl.
    Good to catch up here. it has been a little crazy busy for a while
    cyclones what not, power off for a few days.
    Floods, etc.
    At least we were spared damage here, and the weather has improved much.

    Also out to celebrate the other day
    a nice Thai Beef salad, forgot to take the camera.
    Nice.
    Hope you have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, gosh...never thought of celebrating my birthday for a whole month, but thanks so much for the idea! Woo! And Happy Early Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a feeling Wendy was there & smiling for you. Happy Birthday month! I will be thinking of you on Thursday!
    : )))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Celebrate for the whole month! I am hungry and drooling over the food. For me, I would definitely want the tuna - miam-miam!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  26. You had me at calamari.... and also guacamole. Aren't birthday months fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh gosh. I clearly live in the wrong city. I'd eat everything there, but the papaya salad caught my eye--something new for me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I miss Wendy, too. I am glad you dedicated this to her.

    ReplyDelete
  29. And happy birthday to you! (Mine was last week.)

    ReplyDelete