i heart the upper eastside

zadig and voltaire's valentine window


i love my visits to the upper eastside
 i love wandering up madison
 in the high 70s low 80s
 there are
 a lot
 of 
young 
hip
 clothing
 shops

 shops
 that make me
 wish
 i was
 well 
younger

 the designer shops 
south of the 70s 
have
 fabulous clothing
 at 
prices
 i 
can
 not
 pretend
 i can easily afford
 so
 i stick to
 rebecca taylor 
sandro
 vince 
zadig and voltaire
 (i thought it was zaftig 
in yiddish
 'zaftig' 
means chubby 
so i did think it odd), 
 j. crew 
and
yes
 even
 eileen fisher

 just this friday 
after picking up
 my
 again
 repaired
 time piece
 i wandered up the escalator
 in time warner center 
to
shop at 
sephora
needed eye make up remover indulged in a laura mercer 'caviar' rose gold eye shadow stick 
wandered
j. crew
where its spring or maybe cruise time
 then
a siren calling 70% off pulled me
 into 
eileen fisher
 where i bought
the sweetest
 almost 
mini dress
 in a knit with a bit of sparkle
 you know i cannot resist sparkle
 it can be worn
 with 
leggings
heavy tights
over the knee boots

 where
 was
i going
 with
 this
 ?

oh yeah
 i love the upper eastside
after
my monthly 60 minutes being
deep tissue massaged
at exhale spa
by
oh no
 you don't
 i don't
 tell 
anyone
 his 
name
sigh

16 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh.....I could spend literally HOURS in Sephora!!! And I do...actually! Some days are just made for shopping! It was one of my first loves and I do believe I'll be doing it when I am really, really OLD!! I just checked out that eye shadow you mentioned and I love it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 60 minute deep muscle massage is my definition of bliss. Sigh...

    I love Eileen Fisher. I haven't been in one of their stores in ages though, not since I stopped getting to NY. I should really look them up online, maybe there's one closer than I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny. And some day we'll do this together. I can stop into Zaftig. Ha!! I love Eileen Fisher and Sephora although I prefer S online. The store is too much of an overload for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to live in 83rd b/w Lex and 3rd and I wish I could still go to Exhale spa over there! So nice. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all that shopping...decisions, decisions....jealous! a monthly massage...you teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again! You and Aimee are so alike, she looooves her massage, only she goes once a week, tense shoulders! I remember going into Sephora in Rome and loving it, unfortunately we don't have one in Perth..yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sephora....not to be found in Coventry. Always a must when I visit States. Love hearing about your shopping trip and think your title is exceptionally clever!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this sounds like my kind of day!
    Especially the Sephora/deep tissue massage part. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You endulged and that is so cool. I spent about an hour early this afternoon in Ulta and needed to be enlightened about BB cream. $165 later after having my makeup done and armed with BB cream, concealer, new blush, 'they're REAL' mascara, a new reed difuser, callus remover, and 2 pairs of reading glasses that I really don't need but had to have, I was truly enlightened. BUT we are worth it! I love this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny. I like going to fancy areas of town and marveling at the merchandise and wondering who buys that stuff. $200 tshirts at Nordstroms for example.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm relaxed just thinking about that massage. Ahhhh. It's so hard for me justify clothes shopping when I work from home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Daryl, it sounds like such a big city kinda weekend. I used to be a shopping addict of sorts, long ago when I was a career gal and lived oh so close to Nordstrom. And I was also 20 years younger and could get away with wearing those short skirts. I'm glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So dripping envious here I'm surprised my typing is not blurred LOL

    ReplyDelete