did you ever notice

knit bombed tree in yellow springs ohio


Over the last several holiday seasons
 including
 but
 not limited
 to 
Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanza
 I have seen
 A Christmas Carol 
the 
Patrick Stewart version
 a lot of times

 its one of the seasonal rotation
 of 
movies 
played on the big screen TV 
on the wall 
at/in Polished Beauty Bar 
I am there
 every weekend
 trust me
 I've seen it
 a lot of times

 last weekend
 Susan was filing my nails 
we were talking
 and 
I was watching the movie
 we both
 had our attention divided

 I said
 sort of to myself
 thats Dominic West 
huh
 I never noticed him before

 Susan says Dominic West?

 Yes,
 he was on
 The Wire
 as an American
 now he's on a BCC show called The Hour
 he's an upper crust Brit 
which is what he is
 I say

 No, she says, who is he in this movie 

16 comments:

  1. I just finished watching 5 seasons of the Wire and loved every minute of it...Knowing Dominic West from the show it is a hoot to hear him speak with his real accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how upper crust is good,
    but crusty is 'bogus'


    Warm Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° >

    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your knitting bomber does colourful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH....interesting picture of that tree with all of the knitted things on it!
    xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of handiwork goes into bombing a tree. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful work in that yarn bombing! Just moved my yarn to the side so I could write this:)
    Love an English accent-

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that made me chuckle
    love those kind of conversations

    knit bombing is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with Mr. West, but your mention of that movie reminds me of how much I like that version. I'll have to see if I can hunt it down for a viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a yarn bobmber group here, but they don't publicize what they do too much so I haven't captured them yet.

    I like your cross purposes text and photos. I notice that the Pioneer Woman does that sometimes. She'll do complex ones where the photos, captions, and text are all on completely different subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hey! Is that a new 'do' your sporting in your profile pic, pretty hot! I love Christmas 'Vicar of Dibley' ALWAYS makes me laugh even though I've seen it soooo many times!! I think that tree has been 'crochet' bombed!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the name Dominic West and watche The Wire, now gotta go Google to place the face.

    I need to watch It's A Wonderful Life...

    And I had a yarn-bombed post the other day; think you saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the yarn bombing :). I've got one to share soon too - I'm really enjoying this fad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. never saw "the wire." love that yarn bombed tree though!

    ReplyDelete