shadows

these shadows 
look 
cool

cool 
as in no sun
less heat
temps have been high
humidity is right up there with it

I believe its a tie

stopped home between errands yesterday I swear when I left the house not 10 minutes after arriving it was noticably hotter and more humid
I still had things to do and it was only 11 a.m.!!!

yesterday
the Brad Stroman painting I bought in Santa Fe 
arrived
the 3 Alice Balterman decoupage hand mirrors 
have been 'fixed' 
(I am sure there's a word to describe taking something to the framer but only getting it wired)
 to hang
 an installation
if you will
 will be done 
photos of the new
 art wall 
that is adjacent
 to my desk
 which is about to be replaced 
will be taken and shared

Casa Edelstein is gettin' it groove on

meanwhile please take care of yourselves
its
scary hot out there!


sharing with

20 comments:

  1. I like the treatment you've given the edges. It really dresses up the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture that you've given the photo, simulating a canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. scary hot indeed!!
    beautiful shot, love the texture the screen adds

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having way too much fun with hipstamatic!! Wonderful treatment--actually made it look hotter than it is (ugh). Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting its groove on? Oh, my. Today is actually a little better, isn't it? At least, down here in Maryland it's just a little bit cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, wait a minute. Cooler isn't a word that I should be associating with today's weather. Let's say it's a little bit less of a blast furnace. There. Now that's a little more aptly put.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shot is very cool!
    Hot here too, but no humidity. I can be thankful for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scary hot here, too. I love the texture in this one.

    We saw so many wonderful art pieces in Santa Fe. Sadly, all the ones I wanted were outside my meager budget. I'm looking forward to seeing your art wall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the texture and tones on this one, Daryl!
    Hope it cools off for you soon.
    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daryl, I love this shot! The effect is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very 'cool' photo!
    Scary hot here too, a record 104 yesterday.
    Can't wait to see your new art wall-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photo...stay cool....I'll be heading back to Belgrade soon; temps close to 100...oh....and humid. "Hot town, summer in the city, back o'my neck gettin dirty and gritty..."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the textured sense of shadowy canvas! Like veils of painting! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool shot! And looking forward to your grand reveal of your new painting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool shot and looking forward to the new painting's grand reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feather that nest, Baby! Nice capture of summercity glare,shadows,


    Wishing you a pleasant week with
    Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    > < } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic image Daryl, this post made me think of that song y'know..'hot in the city, hot in the city tonight' can't remember who sings it though! Looking forward to seeing your new art purchases AND feeling a bit warmer, freezing here today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Waiting with breathless anticipation for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete