monday monologue - more SantaCon

I didnt realize when I was making the SantaCon collage 
that you couldnt embiggen to see the Santas
so here are a few of my favorites
 .. again .. 
no editing, just SOOTC

 there was Donna and Dance-a

 the striped sock elf & reindeer chorus line 

 the hey look she's taking our picture

and the sunglass santa wavers

I took all these Santas on the way to the Garage Flea Market on 25th between 6-7 Avenue 
that too was a bust 
but 
we did learn about a new small flea market where we stopped 
and 
Darcy bought her dad a carved wooden figure, 
her dad is a wood carver and collector

I took these photos
of some of the crap, er, antiques

 a Jimmy Durante figure 
with an on/off switch 
but no juice 
so we couldnt see/hear what he did 
maye it was 
Goodnight Mrs Calabash, wherever you are

 a Romanesque or Stalinesque bust someone drapped with a holiday scarf also for sale

this mannikin/manikin looks as if it was posed for on a very very cold day
he's lost his head but still has his 'slave' collar
veddy interesting 

then we decided I had to have lunch
on the window sill next to our table was
this pepper plant
with a odd sign
poking is prohibited

when it was time to head back uptown 
Darcy wondered how a NewYawker orients 
I said well I always look for this


its viewable from just about everywhere

Thanks for tagging along, it made sharing the day even more fun!

21 comments:

  1. "crap. . . er, antiques"
    "cold day"
    so much going on in that mind of yours - LOVE it!



    Aloha from Waikiki, Daryl

    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go crap shopping with you:) So much to do in just one day - I did enjoy it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Santacon and flea market photos are such fun, I'm really loving them :).

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would go "crap" shopping with you
    any day...in any weather ..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exploit? No - you are just providing a wider market for his goods via your blog! Now, if you were taking photos and then copying the good in the photos in your home workshop . . . another story!


    Love the Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a coincidence!
    I too wear a 'poking permitted' sign

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzas. Love the necked mannequin. ;) Poking prohibited, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, why would anyone want to poke a pepper plant in the first place??????? Sorry, I just don't get that one.

    The santas were pretty cool.

    Crap. Yep, you saw some crap.

    I held down the sofa, nearly the entire weekend. Just grateful to know I did MY part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics, especially the festive ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta tell the kiddoes not to poke the plant, since their lame parents probably won't. Gah.
    Love all the pictures. As usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. as flea markets go, yous gots winnas and luzas, but u always finds the fun stuff. Love the santacons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I'd say the built-in temperature gauge says it was a cold day indeed!

    Great shots as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful Daryl!
    I especially love the first one.
    It is truly such a happy shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daryl, great shots! I love to see all those happy people and all the colour!
    A cha cha cha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun day! Someone needs to rescue that manikin from his embarrassing self ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun stuff.. all around. Wouldn't you like to be a pepper poker too?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fabulous walk, treasure hunt... were you able to resist poking the pepper plant!! and lol at the 'veddy' interesting mannikin..what no 'beautifications' oh no this was Sunday right! I did my own beautifications today..disaster haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun day! I love the Santas & helpers. And the "no poking" sign is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bring on the crap, baby. I loves it.

    The "no poking" sign is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete