flea market finds


that's Jill 
in the Lotus Jane kiosk 
selling Cambodian crafts  

Jill and her husband adopted 
their daughter, Jayne, 
from a village in Cambodia 
and a friend gifted Jill with a scarf made there 
which started her thinking 
how she could help women in Cambodia 
and other third world countries.  

Every item she sells is Fair Trade
by using primarily locally-sourced sustainable materials 
the women/artisans make handcrafted unique, stylish goods  
helping them to improve their lives 
and 
those of their families.


Some of the items 
are made from recycled materials 
such as bombshells and discarded magazines.

See those bracelets?  
They are made from recycled flipflops!  

Those beads?  
Made from recycled paper!

I bought several wonderful items from Jill to be given as gifts this holiday season
You can check out the items at the GreenFlea on 77th/Columbus
or
 on Lotus Jayne's website 
by clicking 
here 

13 comments:

  1. very cool!
    I'm gonna post her link on my FB wall, Dar-



    Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely items! I especially like the purse. You are supporting a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a couple of things I like, and would support her, too. Love the flip-flop idea...when I was in Cameroon years ago, they called them 'sans confiance,' since you never knew how long they'd last. Here they call them 'japanke', Japanese shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. It looks and sounds like a wonderful place to shop. Good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the colorful items. We were shopping at a Fair Trade store just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! We need her things in our Standing Stones shop at St. Paul's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stuff like that, I'd fill my bag in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some people are just so amazing, what a great way to help the women of Cambodia and empower them at the same time. Such a great post. I wish you and Toonman and the rest of your family a very merry Christmas Daryl, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely and commendable - have a fabulous HOLIDAY xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I especially like the bombshell gifts. How creative and what a great way to contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful goods AND a great cause. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete