monday monologue

Weekend walks 
(and accompanying photo ops) 
pre-empted 
by 
major restorative post Los Angeles weekend beautification™
Saturday  
By football 
Sunday 
(and Saturday to be fair honest and a be-ach) 
thus 
goes 
the weekdend 
days of our lives 
until 
whenever 
the 'season' ends 
no 
I dont really care when it is 
Yes 
I really 
dont 
care 
about 
football 

So here's what I did 
since as we all know 
its always about 
me

When I got off the bus on the Eastside early Saturday morning
there were police, police cars,
and
lots of these
wooden barracades



I hoped when my
massage at exhale
on 77th and Madison
was
done
I could get back across town

HA

Traffic 
intense 
bumper to bumper 
traffic 
(due to a parade down Fifth Avenue) 
on 
Madison 
crawled uptown 
I had missed the crosstown bus by seconds 
so 
when this normal looking woman 
suggested 
we share the cost of a cab 'crosstown 
I said sure

As the cab crept up Madison it was turned away from every major crosstown street 
until we got to 96th St 
where we were forced to go right to Park 
and 
back 
around 
to come across 97th St!
If you drive in this city you know this was just insane

Meanwhile 
my companion 
is in pain 
her back is out 
she was on the way to her doctor 
on the Westside 
when 
she 
missed the bus
every bounce, every bump
every stop, every start
made her cry out

In between 
she heckled the cab driver's lack of aggressiveness
and
filled me in on her overall deteriorating health

I was just as relieved as she
when we got to 
Columbus and 80th St 
and 
she got out 
sort of crab-walking
I was going 
to say no to her 
when she handed me half the fare
 but 
decided to save the random act of kindness for another day

The rest of the weekend pales 
in comparison 
so 
I leave you 
with this photo 



Its the peeling wrought iron window guard outside our front window
 often
when I've indulged in adult substances 
I take out the macro lens
this 
was actually taken 
with
my fairly new
 28-300mm 1:3:5-5.6 lens 
(I have no idea what those numbers mean after the mm and dont care)
camera was set on Program
because
I like that setting