the weekend

Monday 
I got an email from Apple.  
My iPad2 was enroute! 
I would have it by April 8th.  
I read, 
re-read, 
and 
re-read
the email 
again and again
 because 
I kept not believing my eyes.
  
It wasn't due to be shipped til April 15 with a delivery date of April 22.  

Somehow I got lucky 

It shipped out of China, 
Hong Kong to be percise, on Monday. 

Yesterday, Thursday, morning
I looked at Fedex's website:
  6:07 a.m. 
it was in Newark, NJ 


Yesterday, Thursday, 
11:10 a.m. 
Toonman called me to say:
 'its here'.  
He teased saying 'I bet you'll be coming home early'.  
I said 'I wish'.


The case is also on its way, 
it took a later flight, 
ha
it will arrive on the 12th. 




Saturday 
will be busy with errands and beautification™.  
Here's hoping the weather is cooperative.  

Sunday 
I am going to see Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron's 
(seems like the perfect play for someone like me) 
with a few Blisters from the Nutmeg State.  
There will be lunch, much conversation and photo taking
before the play.  
I haven't been to a Broadway show in a long time, 
while this is actually Off Broadway 
I am excited none the less.   
Even the weather is supposed to nice.
Pix and verbosity will be forthcoming.  

19 comments:

  1. YOU look MARVELOUS!!!!!


    Saturday in the city with friends-

    I'm GREEN with envy, dear Dar!




    Warm Aloha to you both
    from Wacky Waikiki


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! all good stuff.
    I can't wait to hear about the play!
    have fun with the blisters Daryl.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Enjoy!

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new toy.!!
    Can't wait for the pix and
    verbosity...
    Have a great weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo!! So glad your ipad finally came, gorgeous lady!
    Sounds as if you have an exciting weekend planned! Can't wait to see the pictures and read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds wonderful. Saturday will be a Blister reunion of sorts here too.

    wv: gicas. When someone who is bilingual doesn't know whether to say girls or chicas, they default to the term gicas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you and that apple thingie make a lovely couple

    have fun on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the iPad. Hoping to get one for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a GREAT weekend you have planned (and here I thought you'd be spending it indoors, playing with your new toy; should've known better). ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! It's here!!

    Sounds like a totally excellent weekend in offing. I feel energized just reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the iPad2!
    Have fun this weekend- sounds like a great time!
    I'm just hoping our rain goes the hell away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I la la love you new Apple gadget! Have fun with the girls too.

    I'm considering flying FedEx on my next trip....they make good time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like good times even the weather! that toy wouldn't fit in my purse. It's my excuse and it eliminates my jealousy issues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FUN! I still just play with Hubby's iPad... you know, the very very very old model that just came out last year. HA HA HA It's a stinkin' antique in the world of technology.

    DI

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the play! Glad you got your IPad. My IPhone is supposed to be working today. Yeah.... My husband is currently working on making that a truth. If I didn't have him for tech support, I'd be lost.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see you are thrilled! :)
    Sounds like a lovely week-end.

    ReplyDelete