monologue monday

Its Monday again.  
I am so tired.  
Its the first weekend in a long time
 I wasnt schlepping back/forth to a hospital.  
Toonman insisted 
and 
several Eastcoast Blisters assisted
 in
getting me out and about 
all weekend.
  I have to admit it was fun
Exhausting fun
Fun
  Its always fun to be with these women.  
Even if we havent seen each other
 in person, 
in the flesh 
for 
months 
we pick up where we left off
 as if it was just the day before that we were together.  

Saturday morning was overcast
 and 
looking dreary 
but 
by the time Kate drove up from Maryland
 the sun was coming out
 the temps were rising  
We left Toonman to his own devices and headed out.  
Our destination: 
Central Park's Carosouel.  
The Park was alive with runners, bikers, strollers and pedicabs  
The Carosouel was not open 
contrary to their advert
 that said it was open
 '7 days a week, weather permitting'
Well 
I am not sure how much nicer
 the weather needs to be to qualify!

The photos we wanted to get of the horses didnt happen.

this shot was stolen from these people

We wandered the park for hours
I've got lots of pictures to share
lots of stuff to verbally go on about
but
not today

I will give you a taste of one of the spots we visited


Can you guess where it is?
Do you have any idea what it is?

I'll tell you tomorrow or maybe Wednesday

After we were exhausted
feet aching
cameras feeling as if they weighed a ton
we headed back to my place
We ordered in sushi 
and
watched 
Hereafter 
its a very slow movie but we both loved it
and 
 The King's Speech
 which Kate hadnt seen before
she loved it as much as I do


Sunday 
it rained and rained and rained
Lauren, Lauren's lovely daughter Bird and Annie
drove down from Connecticut


Kate and I  met them at
PURE 
a simply fabulous Thai Noodle restaurant


to be continued!

10 comments:

  1. So fun! I'm glad you were able to get out with Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend you had! So glad that you were able to get out and enjoy time with good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little glimpses here. And people are going to be wondering how it is that we got to watch those movies at your apartment. Oh, my.

    Thanks for dinner, btw. I saw that you stuffed my money back in my purse, Daryl. Bad girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got out and had such fun. It's time. Hope our TM is improving every day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word 'blisters'! that is perfect! & You girls look great too.
    I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I missed your blog & have enjoyed catching up here now.
    Re your salad post, I always get dressing on the side & I love Balsamic the best. For me it seems to taste good on everything.
    I eat for comfort but when I am really upset over something I can't eat at all.
    Unfortunately it takes a lot to get me upset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your "blisters" insisted on a day out--well-deserved treat for you. Sounds like great fun all around.

    Is the mystery photo the back door of the Starland Ballroom?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearing about your blister weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't realize you had earlier company for the weekend. This makes it even better!! You needed to be pampered with the love of friends. So glad :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to see you got out for a bit. You deserved a breather. It sounds like a wonderful afternoon.

    I just love that shot with the paper stars. What an enchanting discovery that must have been.

    ReplyDelete