more venice - part 2




As promised .. Part 2 of what looks to be a 3 parter ...






This was taken at the rehearsal dinner. Son's parents are the couple in the front



After I read the letter she left for me I was furious. I went up to my room and re-read it several times, each time I got angrier and angrier.

What did it say?

Basically that I was rude and my remarks to HER husband were unbelievable and if I felt this way about THEM why did I come to HER wedding. And the best part was that she signed it with her full – now – married name. As if I wouldn’t have known who it was from had she just signed her first name.

I mentally composed several really nasty replies but in the end I decided that since I was an adult, I would act like one and ignore the childish, nasty letter.

After I got home from Venice I shared all the gory details with Husband - he was furious and wanted to write a reply. I said it’s not worth it and will only serve to make things worse I would just as soon forget the whole thing.

I also decided that I was not going to tell D what happened … no matter what Bridezilla did or said I was not going to let it get to me. AND Husband designated our apartment as a Bridezilla-free zone … her name, her antics were not to be mentioned.

And I kept my promise until ….

Several weeks before Christmas D and I go out to lunch and then start shopping for gifts. We have done this for most of the 35+ years we’ve been friends.

That particular late November afternoon we had our lunch and headed to Barney’s on Madison Avenue. I kept sensing something was bothering D. Finally in the Men’s Department she turned to me and said: did you get a thank you note from the kids?

Thank you note? No, I said, I didn’t.

Well, she said, it seems the first note was returned undeliverable and so a second had been mailed.

I said I didn’t get any note. And I wondered why it was undeliverable.

D said the post office returned it as addressee unknown.

I said that is SO odd since we’ve lived there forever (what I didn’t say: Bridezilla lived in the same building with Son for almost a year before they moved to L.A.).

And then she said: did something happen in Venice after B and I left?

I looked at her and considered my options. I could lie or I could tell her the truth.


She said: Bridezilla mentioned something about a remark you made.

I was furious

I couldn’t believe the little bitch had actually said something to D.

So I decided I had to tell her what happened .. the truth, not some fantasy Bridezilla would have told. I said I was never going to tell you about this because it was all so childish but she also wrote me a nasty letter.


D was not surprised. We agreed that from this point on she wouldn’t tell me about the nasty stuff Bridezilla did and I would not feel the need to hate the girl.

Ah life, it always has a way of messing with the best intentions.


lived, photographed and posted by daryl