monday monday






Why
 is it
I wake at 4 a.m.
 why can't I sleep until 5:30 on weekdays?
  You'd think
 well
 I would think
 after 2 days of sleeping in
 my body would be fooled
 its not
 yet
 when I was home 5 days for Thanksgiving
 I managed to sleep in
 every morning
 til 8
 that
 was really nice 

why
 is it
 I get the same breakfast
 at the office
 every morning
 okay
 some mornings 
they only have challah french toast
 some mornings
 they have pancakes and french toast
 then
I opt for the pancakes
 2 pancakes
 are the same weight
 as
 1 slice of challah french toast
 add to that
 the 8 very small turkey sausages
 same container
 every morning
 the price is different
 it varies
 by as much as ten cents
 I pointed this out to the cashier
 who laughed
 sure 
he laughed
 he isn't the one paying a different price
 for the same thing 
every day

why
 is it
 my iPhone photos
 sometimes
 embiggen
 with clarity
some times
 they don't
I got very defensive
 recently
 when Toonman pointed this out
 I also embiggened
 the questionable photo
 on the office iMac
 and 
it looked fine to me
 there's another why for you

any whys in your mind this morning? 
I bet there are

oh that photo?
took it in Riverside Park
a week after
Sandy's 'visit'
those twigs?
they were like that
someone 
put them in that circle
now 
of course
I
am
wondering
why

18 comments:

  1. Questions. Nothing but questions. And I got nuthin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post!! why indeed!! why is it some days I can't hold onto anything - stuff dropped all day long! that was yesterday - hope today is a 'hold it day' - moving my studio!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!
    why do I always end up looking for my keys when I am holding them in my hand???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like someone lost their 'wreath' Daryl!! As for the why's ..let's see why aren't I in bed right now seeing as it's only about four hours until I get up again..nite nite!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To this Christian, it looks like Jesus's crown of thorns. I think for Catholics, especially, that might be an immediate reaction, as that sort of iconographic image is abundant in our backgrounds. Perhaps a comment on the pain and suffering from the storm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHY ... my family insists that was my first word.....
    still use it too frequently today...

    I like my iphone photos much better on the phone or Ipad.....
    even though my home PC monitor is an HD .. the pics still look
    better on the Ipad.......maybe the phone pics just aren't meant
    to embiggen .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daryl, why indeed! Don't ask me! What's it to ya anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm wondering why, too! Although I like Suldog's answer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have far more "whys" in my mind than "wise."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your whys make me smile!
    I am seeing Hilary's comment above me, and I think she said it quite perfectly for me.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May the circle be unbroken ~ this is why.

    Well, not really but it would make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a muffin most mornings. It has been $1.64 forever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mysteries: the twigs, the prices, the sleep. But those things make life interesting (or so we can pretend).

    ReplyDelete
  14. My middle name is why? It's my quest for logic. I can put up with anything as long as it makes sense...at least to me!

    I rarely ask when or where but do a lot of how's.

    Where am I going with this and why did this happen...oh YOU did it!!

    The twigs? I take it means things will circle back around to normal eventually :)

    x0x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made me think of that creepy song from the 50's sung as or by a wistful child.
    Little did anyone know that the 'lovely' song (my dad loved it) was from a film noir called something like "A Certain Kiss." A great film about . . . . child abuse by the powerful! Que Sera Sera - what will be will be......


    who's wandering NOW, Gal Pal? LOL


    Happy Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral

    ~ > < } } ( ° >

    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >


    ReplyDelete