brought to you by the letter b


Welcome 
to my
weekly
long winded way 
of
sharing
the
weekend
adventures 

Be it
erranding 
or 
beautifying™ 
you never know 
if
I'll see
Brand Name™ 
(stolen from my dear F in L.A. who refers to names of celebs and semi novas as Brand Names, I added the caps and ™) 
or 
just follow 
Toonman 
trekking 
through the
parks 
(I can say parks because he's been down to Hudson River Park and across to Central Park) 

this 
Saturday 
after 
I beautified™ 
we went for a long walk 
through
Riverside Park 

we walked 
uptown 
to the 
to the 
first 
of the title



Butterflies!


Next B 
is 
boats



It was lovely out 
so 
we wandered 
down 
to the riverside 
the sun 
was 
causing the light 
to 
bounce 
off 
the 
water
it made the boats 
into
silhouettes


We walked to the staircase that leads up toward 73rd Street
stopping to catch our breath
those are steep stairs
I spied
the last B


Birds!

Sunday 
was 
pretty much 
a food frenzy:
the GreenFlea 
for some honey crisps 
a Lobsta roll from Luke's Lobster
 Island Burgers and Shakes awesome sea salted fries
lunch with 
my friend Susan 
who couldnt leave her shop 
I brought lunch to her

I got the nicest
surprise 
from a
blogger
I read
all the time
tweeted 
a photo of mine 
was 
chosen 
watch out PW
Hear me blow my horn!

Glad you came along.



17 comments:

  1. Weekend fun ... love walking along with you. And congrats on the Photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful butterfly shots. Sounds like it was a lovely walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice walk and I didn't
    even have to move.......

    Congrats on the photo of the day award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, never Boring, you Bodacious Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos!
    What a lovely weekend you had!
    No football?
    Congratulations on your photo award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your B's, Daryl. But, you left out a very common B, one that I get called all the time, by strangers in traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being selected, it's a really lovely photo!

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Carol said and I loved all of them.

    Bravo to being selected for your photo!! It's gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh congrats. I love that first butterfly shot. You'd never know you were in the heart of a city. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots and congratulations on winning photo of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shots! I especially love your winning shot - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL FRIEND, TOO DARYL!!! Yes, congrats on your photo. Blow baby, blow. Your B pics are outstanding. You are some special lady D. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do have the nicest days. Thanks for sharing your walk.

    Nice butterfly shots - those are not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sharing your day is sheer medicine!

    good medicine - love it vicariously.

    You have been looking rather beautified lately - and lotsa that gotta come from within, so glad you happy and bopping.

    reaches me. . .

    Warm Aloha from Honolulu;

    Comfort Spiral



    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice shots Daryl! but I simply LOVE the butterfly shots & the bird shot-GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete