where did sunday go?

sometime 
very late
 on 
saturday night
 when
 i was in bed
 snuggled
 under the layers
 we sleep under
 because
 'i insist'
 we keep the window open a teensy tiny bit
 i realized
 i had not done a post for sunday

 i had set up my eyes post 
but
 i had forgotten all about this blog 
mercy me 

i think
 it was
 because
 i had come home 
after
a truly fun brunch
 with
 my darling friend larry


his new beau clint


 and 



assorted 
other 
friends of larry 

  we met at fushawest
 they have the best asian menu
 you can get everything
 from
 beef with broccoli
 to
 spicy tuna 'taco' 
to
 sushi 
to
pad thai 

all of it delish

 plus
a lovely malbec


we all ate well
laughed a lot 
took photos 
and
 really had a lovely afternoon

 i got home
 and 
went to work on a bulb book
 for a friend's upcoming birthday
 lost all track of time
  clearly forgot to write a post
 i planned
telling you
 all about 
my thursday dinner 
with
 my cincinnati pal phillippppe
 we also had asian food
 we dined at spice on amsterdam
 salads and way too many appetizers
 followed 
by a walk over to irving farms for dessert
 then 
back to the apartment 
for a glass of wine and gossip 
yes mary
 we gossiped about 
you 

whew
i feel so much better
having
gotten
all that out

sunday
i beautified™

came
 home to
this



so
now that i have blathered
 tell me
what did
you do
 this weekend?


11 comments:

  1. New hair person, Luciano! Belisima!


    Sunday: brunch at yacht club with pals

    One pal called me with tix to Bella Fleck with Honolulu Pops; couldn't go, hooked him up with another pal DELIGHTED to go.

    Masters of Sex rocked tonight


    ALOHA to YOU
    from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^= <3



    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a delicious weekend. I froze to death walking the dog on Saturday, much farther than I should have, picking my way around patches of ice, anticipating the cracking of my bones. Sunday was better; lazed, fixed up next-to-last-set of India photos, watched two episodes of the last season of Breaking Bad (second half) that was finally available here on dvd....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great fun and everyone looks so happy! We had dinner at our friend on Friday evening then had dinner out at a restaurant on Saturday evening for our Wedding Anniversary. Lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it involves way too much food and drink, but I love the holidays and getting together with friends. We went to a festive brunch and then I went to a cookie exchange. And then, of course, we had to taste test the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the most delicious tales to tell after a weekend of dining. I spent too much time indoors because it's COLD here! Our dogs were beautified on Saturday but I'm afraid I wasn't so concerned with looking good, as much as I was concerned with staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a packed and full of fun weekend!

    Around here?? Baking and decorating Christmas trees. As always, I enjoyed every moment, but it is exhausting too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daryl, sounds like you had a great weekend!
    We had the grandkids for a sleepover. Always lots of fun when they are around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. baby shower for my niece up in york, pa and drove home sunday during a freak snow storm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Froze my tushy off! Got snow early Saturday morning. Had to work Saturday, made hubby drive me the 30 miles in! Woke up Sunday to -15 temps and woke up this morning to -26 degrees! I didn't go to work today, everything was frozen!

    Your weekend sounded fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weekend was MUCH more fun than mine! Mine was filled with shopping, decorating, cleaning...just basic crap! We do not spend very much time outside...WAY tooo cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is now Friday and I have already forgotten what I did last weekend! I am sure it involved food because that is how we roll:)

    ReplyDelete