i spy

actually
 it was
 toonman
 who spied the robin

 i was crouched
 waiting
 for some sparrows
 to return to a puddle
 they'd flown from
 as we approached

 no
 they never returned
 a dog walking past
 straining on his leash 
scared them off

when
 i did
 finally 
see it
 i swear
 it
 saw
 me

 we made eye contact 
i slowly
 ever
 so 
slowly
 moved
 closer to the fence

he hopped
 closer
 to that box

 up on the box
 he hopped

 down lower 
to the ground
 i knelt 

we kept eye contact
 i lifted my camera
 snapped


 he waited 
another
 nano second
 then
 flew off 

i got up

 we went on with our wander 
down to the river walk 
then
 back up to the park 
and
 home

 i got some really vibrant fall foliage shots
 so few trees 
here
 turn with the season

 it was such a nice day 
i almost
wish
 it would stay like this longer 

8 comments:

  1. Robins always seem to be a gift straight out of a favourite storybook of one's youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful moment! I crouch waiting for birds, or shadows, or breezes too, and often a dog, runner, or kid will disrupt my little photo trap. You were visited by an avian angel.

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a robin yesterday morning and thought it was rather late for them to still be here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot with the robin. Birds are not generally so cooperative. We are having some good Fall color. I'm such a pest. I want to go to parks or the woods every day now. I don't want to miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot, Daryl!
    I think he posing just for you.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about nice autumn days...if there were more of them, life would be beautiful.
    I can just imagine you and the robin eyeing one another until you got your photo, then he left. What a gift to a photographer!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall and spring seem all too brief. I'm surprised to see a robin around so late. I haven't noticed any around here but then again I've not really been looking. I love the way this picture is composed (looking at the square in the foreground and the square the robin is perched upon, the lines, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found one hidden in this photo. Now I have to look at others.
    K

    ReplyDelete