rushing the week

the weekend is over

 the cats 
both of whom
 had 
really bad tummy issues on 
Monday
 are 
thankfully better

 the humidity is subsiding

 hallelujah

 the jewish high holy days are here

 time
 for 
atoning
fasting

 the true end of summer 

its been my observation
 over the last upteen years of my life
 that once the high holy days are done
 so is summer's heat

 rosh hashanah begins at sundown tonight
  (wednesday)
  yom kippur begins at sundown on the 13th 
(friday)


meanwhile 
toonman's birthday 
approaches

i will bake him a cake
from a mix
its our tradition 
 on 
thursday

friday
 is his birthday

 we wont celebrate

the man is
anti celebration

be
 it birthday or anniversay

its 
just 
another 
day

but
 i am rushing the week
its 
still 
only
wednesday
and
you know what that means


11 comments:

  1. Water towers! I see at least three.
    Glad the cats are better. Explaining illness to a pet is pointless, but I always try to do it anyway.
    My father didn't like celebrating his birthday, either. He'd accept the cake, and some ice cream, but not much else without grumbling.
    I hope you're right about the heat.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! There's a Friday 13th? Love it. It's my lucky day. How do you like that...lol...you write a lovely meaningful post and I pick out the Friday 13th reference out of all that info. What am I like? Why are you rushing the week? Hope you don't stress yourself out and get super tired by the weekend. Fasting and stress, (at least in my experience), as killer combos. You know, I have this thing, (actually it's a Robert thing, but he shares), it's called the two day rule. If I over do it on one day, then the next day I'm still ok, but the second day I'm shattered. So, with that in mind, I try to pace myself. Do you ever notice patterns like that?
    Well I hope Toon Man has a lovely birthday and you both make it to the weekend with much love, happiness, and with little stress and anxiety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shana tova u'metuka - wishing you a wonderfully happy and sweet year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's our anniversary on the 9th. The weather always breaks about then here in Okieland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now this is very strange indeed. I think you share a birthday with my sister, don't you? And my birthday is Friday, which means I share a birthday with Toonman. Really???? How strange and coincidental is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year (I think that's what it is for you) and Happy Birthday to Ray for Friday. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your tags Daryl - hehe...
    & your apt. is lovely too!
    I'm ready for a tad bit cooler weather. I wish you a wonderful holiday & birthday celebration with toonman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would "title" this as "The Toonman in his Natural Habitat" - n'est-ce pas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Holidays, Daryl and Toonman!!
    And a very HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY TOONMAN.
    Your birthday is NOT just another day, no matter what you say! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband is 'anti-celebrate' as well. He will however let just the two of us have cake or a nice dinner, but he will never allow a party, hats, horns, or other people to join us. Happy birthday to your fine fella!

    ReplyDelete