waiting


this handsome guy
 was
 relaxing
 inside a shop
 in Santa Fe
 this past summer
 when I was visited

 that look
 is
 pure
 annoyance

 I had knelt down to take that photo
 but
 he wouldn't look at me
 so
 I persisted
 hello
 hey boy
 how you doing
big guy

 finally

 he turned
 exasperated 

I got that shot
 then 
of course
 he turned back
 no amount
 of cajoling
 would get him
 to look at me
 for a second shot

I am
on my way home
 from a short get-away
no
not
 another trip to Santa Fe

 I'll catch you up 
when I get unpacked 

12 comments:

  1. some doggies can't be bothered, nice shot though, DAR
    Aloha to YOU from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    ~ > < } } ( ° >

    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >

    ><}}(°> ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell by the look on his face!!! Safe travels D!! I'd love to spend the holidays in Santa Fe sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing you got that much out of him. Safe travels - talk with you when you get unpacked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you pegged that look perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a look! so human & so funny - Priscilla doesn't like me taking her picture either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daryl, he is a very handsome fellow! It's funny how they can be camera shy! Ours does that sometimes.
    Hope you had a great trip, but I know you and I'm looking forward to hear about all the great places and great meals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha! I thought he had a slightly 'peeved' look on his face!! Going up now to see where you've been!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very familiar with that look.. but it's on Frank's face. ;)

    ReplyDelete